The Achievement Awards program is a peer review process and acknowledges service excellence.
A shortlist of finalists is selected from eight service categories, and the winners are announced at the Awards Ceremony held during the TheMHS annual conference.
The short list of finalists is published on the TheMHS website after entrants have been notified.
Award Categories for 2014
1. Assessment and/or Treatment Program or Service
2. Support Program or Service
3. Mental Health Promotion or Mental Illness Prevention Program or Project.
4. Education or Training or Workforce Development
Focus Categories for 2014
5. Consumer Provided
6. Better Physical and Mental Health
For any other entry
7. Achievement Award for entries with a different focus (including larger multistrand services)
8. Tom Trauer Research and Evaluation Award
(*criteria 2.1 & 2.2 are different for this category)
Winners and finalists in each category receive:
- $2000 for the winners and $1000 for the finalists*
- Concession rate conference registration (up to 2 can be granted in the case of joint venture entry finalists)
- Display certificate
- Recognition on TheMHS website, Conference Book of Proceedings and Resource Collection
In the event of joint winners and finalists the prize money is shared.
*contingent on funding grants