Call for Abstracts
Would you like to give a presentation at TheMHS Aotearoa 2016?
Submissions are now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about late abstract submissions.
Join us in Auckland, New Zealand 23 - 26 August 2016
Your presentation may be one of a number of different formats: papers, symposia, workshops, debates, brief papers, e-Posters or roundtable discussions. See the guidelines for further category details. Anyone involved in, or interested in mental health services is invited to submit an abstract for consideration for the 2016 program.
All abstracts will be reviewed and assessed according to the Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts.
What will you present in Auckland?
Below are some questions relating to the topic to get you thinking:
Authenticity – what is it?
- How does authenticity relate to best practice; research; leadership; education and training of the workforce?
Making a positive difference
- How can our workforce demonstrate attitudes and values that make a positive difference to consumers and families?
- Does co-design and co-leadership between consumers, clinicians and managers work and make a positive difference?
- How are values and attitudes incorporated in our services and what difference do they make for people who use services and their families?
Leadership and workforce
- How can leaders support our workforce to demonstrate authentic values and attitudes?
- Is the consumer/peer workforce now a valued part of the service continuum, how are we supporting its leadership, growth and vibrancy?
- Do you bring your ‘heart’ to work every day and how would the people who use your service or your colleagues know?
- What do families and whānau really need and how do services measure up?
- What do effective services look like for indigenous people?
- How are physical health disparities being addressed for people who experience mental health and/or addiction problems?
- Effective collaboration and collective impact across primary, secondary, tertiary health and NGO - what’s your story?
Authenticity = Genuineness, validity, reality, truthfulness
Whānau = Māori concept of family encapsulating nuclear and extended family
Some web browsers work better than others with our online submission portal. Before you begin, please check that your web browser is supported by our software.
It is essential that you read the Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts.
If you experience technical difficulties when submitting your abstract please email email@example.com or call +61 02 9810 8700
You will be advised about the status of your abstract in May 2016.