TheMHS Summer Forum
Join us in 2017 for:
Thursday 23 and Friday 24 February, 2017
The Mercure, Sydney, Australia
The 19th TheMHS Summer Forum is an annual two-day educational program that highlights a contemporary topic in mental health. It will guide, challenge and inspire you. Audience discussion and participation are actively encouraged.
The drive towards a person centred mental health system changes many things - most critically the way that the system reacts to people's needs. How do we respond without losing sight of the individuals and communities in our system - clinicians, workers, consumers, managers, families and carers?
Challenged by concepts like "flexible funding", "self-directed support", "stepped care" and personalised packages", the Summer Forum will identify how mental health systems can achieve real citizenship for consumers.
Experts from UK, USA, Canada and Australia to speak at Summer Forum
Focusing on the people and services central to our mental health systems, TheMHS Summer Forum speakers will address:
- How does our mental health system enable personal choice and control?
- How can people and organisations thrive in our changing system?
- How do people navigate through Primary Health Networks, and the NDIS?
- How do mental health managers prepare for new workforce issues, like continuity of service provision?
- What works for consumers to achieve citizenship?