TheMHS Bursaries are offered to Consumers who wish to attend The Mental Health Services Conference of Australia and New Zealand. A limited number of Bursaries are offered to each Australian state/territory and to New Zealand. Carers/families may also apply, but will be considered after consumers’ places are finalised.
NOTE: TheMHS Bursaries are NOT for students. There are concession registration fees for students.
Eligibility Criteria for TheMHS Bursary, in priority order. Points 1 & 2 below are essential criteria.
- Those who have a paper, workshop, symposium, e-poster or other presentation accepted in the conference program.
- Those who, for financial reasons, would be unable to attend this year’s conference.
- Those who have been actively involved in consumer groups/organisations or consumer advocacy.
- Those who did NOT receive a TheMHS Bursary for last year’s conference.
TheMHS Bursaries DO Cover
The Bursary includes cost of:
- Travel to and from the conference – this includes a return airfare and taxis (if necessary) to and from the airport. NOTE: Bursary recipients are not permitted to make travel arrangement changes, which will incur extra expenses, without TheMHS office authorisation.
- Free registration to the Consumer Forum and the 3-day conference. It does not include registration to pre or post conference workshops.
TheMHS Bursaries DO NOT Cover:
Accommodation costs. You must make your own arrangements for accommodation during the conference.
Expenses for food or any other item (lunch, morning tea & afternoon tea are supplied at the conference but you must make your own arrangements for breakfast and dinner.)
Disclaimer: Bursary allocation is subject to funding confirmation.
Applications close 5pm AEST on Friday 5 July 2019.