Awards submissions now open.
About the Early Career Research Award
Launched in 2015, up to three TheMHS Awards for Early Career Research in Mental Health (ECR Awards) are offered. Your ECR entry should reflect one or more of the following:
- Investigation concerning a novel or very recent development related to Mental Health service delivery in Australia or New Zealand.
- Included are practices which may be well established in other countries but have not been tested in the Australian/New Zealand environment.
- There should be elements of originality, inventiveness, uniqueness and freshness.
- Best Practice will be defined as “a program, activity or strategy that has been shown to work effectively and produce successful outcomes, and is supported to some degree by subjective and objective data sources.”
- Translational research and Investigation into Best Practices in Mental Health in Australia and/or New Zealand.
- Research that will improve current treatment, change practices and has an impact on mental health service delivery.
- Included is research relating to benchmarking or key performance indicators.
- Research investigations that may underpin or contribute towards the understanding or advancement of mental health knowledge and do not readily fit into the categories of best practice and or innovation.
- The research will target aspects of mental health other than service provision e.g. a neuroscience investigation.
- There should be elements of outstanding quality and distinction (at an appropriate ECR level).
- Service & Program, Research and Exceptional Contribution - Awards Entries close 20th of April 2023
- Wellbeing in the Workplace - Awards Entries close 20th of April 2023
- Media Awards Open - Awards Entries close 20th of April 2023
Ready to Apply?
Once you have submitted your application, you will be unable to edit your application at all, so ensure you have uploaded all documentation correctly prior to submitting your application.