This year TheMHS conference is being held in Adelaide, the city in which the very first TheMHS conference was held in 1991.
If you’re joining us in Adelaide for our annual conference this year and would like to see a little bit of Adelaide while you’re in town, there are some beautiful spots you can visit.
Many people are familiar with the wineries of the Barossa Valley that South Australia is famous for, so we thought we’d ask some locals and regular visitors to Adelaide for their top tips on sites to see that are convenient to the Adelaide Exhibition Centre.
- Take a trip to the Adelaide Hills – visiting Nepenthe, Bird in Hand, Art Wine wineries, Melbas Chocolates, Woodside Cheese Wrights and Hahndorf. Tania Manser from Country SA PHN
- In Adelaide itself – Peel St and Leigh Street at night for food and atmosphere. Windy Point restaurant for delicious food and a great view. Tania Manser from Country SA PHN
- If there are kids coming over take a trip to the Adelaide Zoo. Tania Manser from Country SA PHN
- Visit the Central Market – a great local produce market with cafés and restaurants along Gouger St https://adelaidecentralmarket.com.au/
Viv Miller, TheMHS Conference Director
- Take the tram to Glenelg – walk along the beach and pier, try the Orange Spot Bakery for best pies, have dinner at one of the local restaurants. Viv Miller, TheMHS Conference Director
- Go to a movie and dine in one of the great restaurants along the east end of Rundle St, Vaughn Place. Viv Miller, TheMHS Conference Director
- Adelaide is located on the traditional lands of the Kaurna people. I encourage visitors to find out more about the living Kaurna culture by visiting Tandanya 253 Grenfell St. Adelaide, Tandanya https://www.tandanya.com.au/ or doing the Adelaide Kaurna Walking Trail which you can join outside the Conference Centre along the River Torrens (Karrawirra pari). Deborah Lockwood from Relationships Australia SA
- Take a refreshing walk along the river Torrens or delight in one of the magnificent sunsets on our west coast beaches, there are some truly beautiful spots. Monya Murch-Gangemi, from Relationships Australia
To book discounted accommodation for TheMHS Conference in Adelaide go to https://ep.ozaccom.com.au/public/MHS18/accommodation.aspx
Wirra Wirra Winery Tours
08 8323 8414
Adelaide Sightseeing Tours
Adelaide Central Market Tours