Tom Trauer Evaluation and Research Award
About the Award
Launched in 2014, this award recognises an Australian or New Zealand person or research team for excellence in their work in research or evaluation of mental health services and programs. For example it would suit a middle career candidate.
- Mid to senior level researchers or service providers
- Managers of an NGO
- Anyone doing evaluation
- Individual or lead researcher
The award celebrates Tom’s substantial and generous contributions to mental health services research over many years. The award has been inaugurated by TheMHS in order to encourage and recognise excellence in research related to mental health services and programs.
- Applications now open
- Applications close Wednesday 18 April 2018
- There is no entry fee applicable.
- Please read ‘Rules and Scoring' and ‘Application Instructions’ before preparing your entry.
- Entry submission available at the end of ‘Application Instructions’ page.
The award criteria reflect Tom's values by contributing to mental health service improvement, demonstrating research excellence, collaboration and partnership, involving mental health consumers and showing great merit relative to opportunity.
See Application Instructions for the list of criteria headings to use in your Entry.
The winners in each category will receive*:
- A3 Display Certificate: TheMHS Awards framable certificate
- Financial support to attend the 2018 TheMHS Conference in Adelaide, Australia (travel and accommodation)
- Economy airfares to and from the host city (booking as agreed by TheMHS). Travel within Australia and/or New Zealand only.
- Accommodation for up to 3 nights (booking as agreed by TheMHS)
- Complimentary 3-day conference registration
- Recognition on TheMHS Learning Network website, Conference e-Book of Proceedings, TheMHS Awards booklet and the Online Resource Collection
*Contingent on funding
Past Award Winners
Visit our Awards Archive to see the past Tom Trauer Research and Evaluation Award Winners.
2017 Winner of The Tom Trauer Research and Evaluation Award
The judging panel has determined the winner of this very special award in recognition of excellence in research and evalation existing as an ongong memorial to Tom Trauer - researcher and friend to TheMHS.
Fiona Shand, Black Dog Institute
Excellence and Innovation in Suicide Prevention