Authors: Stephen Brand & Dorothy Kral - Royal North Shore Hospital & Community Services
Event: 1994 TheMHS Conference
Subject: Registration and Review, adult mental health, book of proceedings
Type of resource: Conference Presentations and Papers
Abstract: The purpose of this presentation is to introduce the registration and review system known as SURF and SURD (Service User Registration Form and Service User Review and Discharge Form). This is a system for;
1. Registering and discharging clients of a mental health service,
2. Gathering demographic and referral data about the client population,
3. Gathering clinical data at first contact and at intervals during the period of involvement with the service.
4. Ensuring quality management by including a quality assurance component as an integral part of the data collection process,
5. Providing a tool to assist managers to manage the service workload.
The system has been designed by clinicians and managers of the Lower North Shore Community Mental Health Service and has a high level of staff support. It has been designed for use by multidisciplinary teams. There has been no full-time staff dedicated to its development and implementation and there has been little or no budget for the project.