- SF14 Session 2: Harbouring Doubts: Creating safe spaces to sit with uncertainty
Blog description: Cath Roper gave a thought provoking presentation regarding the trauma associated with involuntary care through mental health legislation.READ MORE
- SF14 Session 4: NSW Mental Health Commission and the draft Strategic Plan for Mental Health in NSW
Blog description: John Feneley spoke about the ongoing work of the NSW Mental Health Commission and their development of a draft Strategic Plan for Mental Health in NSW. You can read more and get updates from the Commission through their website.READ MORE
- SF14 Session 5: Rape crisis counseling: trauma, contagion and supervision
Blog description: Steve Segal presented on secondary traumatisation of volunteer rape crisis counsellors in rape crisis counselling services in Israel.READ MORE
- SF14 Session 4: NSW Mental Health Commissioner John Feneley
Blog description: Commissioner John Feneley presented on trauma associated with the weaknesses of the current mental health system, and a vision for the future.READ MORE
- SF14 Choice bits from the speakers’ corner: Trauma in the mental health workforce
Blog description: Comments and questions from Day one's speakers' cornerREAD MORE
- 2014 Mental Health SERVICE Achievement Awards: Applications Close 17 April 2014
Blog description: 2014 THeMHS Mental Health SERVICE Achievement Awards applications are now open. Closing Date is 17 April 2014READ MORE
- 2014 Mental Health MEDIA Achievement Awards: Applications Are Open.
Blog description: We've had some fantastic applications for our Service Award categories. We are also looking forward to seeing the contributions for our Media Awards! Don't forget that 2014 TheMHS Mental Health MEDIA Achievement Awards applications are STILL OPEN. Closing Date is 1 May 2014READ MORE
- SANE Aust Awards Hocking Fellowship for Mental Health Awareness
Blog description: SANE Australia has announced the establishment of the Hocking Fellowship as a new award for the promotion of a better understanding of mental illness. The Award celebrates the work of Barbara Hocking OAM, Executive Director of SANE Australia, 1995-2012.READ MORE
- Call for Papers Now Open for TheMHS 2014
Blog description: The 2014 annual TheMHS Conference, to be held in Perth in August this year, is now CALLING FOR PAPERS!READ MORE
The theme for the 2014 Conference is "What We Share Makes Us Strong" and organisers are seeking a diverse range of submissions for presentations at the conference.
- Do you know a potential award winner?
Blog description: Do you know of an impressive program, service or organisation that you would like to encourage to enter for a TheMHS Mental Health Service Achievement Award. OR a print article/story or radio, TV, online broadcast program for a TheMHS Media Achievement Award?READ MORE
Please let us know and provide us with their contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. TheMHS will follow up with further details and support to assist with the submission of an entry.
The source of the recommendation will always remain confidential.
- Entries Now Open For 2014 Mental Health Achievement Awards
Blog description: Entries are now open for the 2014 TheMHS Mental Health Service Achievement Awards for Services and Programs.READ MORE
TheMHS Mental Health Achievement Awards are presented annually at TheMHS Annual Conference to recognise and acknowledge excellence in mental health service delivery across Australia and New Zealand.