Why do the Awards Exist?
- To promote the delivery of best practice mental health services
- To recognise innovation with proven outcomes
- Acknowledge research excellence
- Encourage consumer-focused services and lived-experience leadership
- Highlight material for “good news” stories about mental health issues
- Decrease stigma through responsible media journalism
What are the Prizes?
Winners receive financial support to attend TheMHS Conference, including travel, accommodation, complimentary conference registration and a signed award certificate.
Winners also receive recognition on our website, TheMHS Awards Booklet, and the Online Resource Collection.
For more details, see Categories.
When are the Awards Presented?
The Awards will be presented on Wednesday, 10th February, 2021 at the annual TheMHS Conference in Perth, one of the largest and most diverse mental health conferences in Australasia and an ideal vehicle for these prestigious and important awards.
Welcoming the 2020 Awards Ambassador
Professor Fiona Stanley AC
Professor Stanley, whose impact in the medical field has been felt not only in Australia, but around the world, is a pioneer who was recognised for her work in 2003 when she was awarded Australian of the Year. Now, alongside her work in epidemiological and public health research, she is a spokesperson on the health effects of climate change.