Why do the Awards Exist?
- To promote the delivery of best practice mental health services
- To recognise innovation with proven outcomes
- Acknowledge research excellence
- Encourage consumer-focused services and lived-experience leadership
- Highlight material for “good news” stories about mental health issues
- Decrease stigma through responsible media journalism
What are the Prizes?
Winners receive recognition on our website, and the Online Resource Collection and a signed award certificate.
When are the Awards Presented?
The Awards will be presented at the Awards Ceremony, held virtually on Monday 8 February 2021.
Welcoming the 2020 Awards Ambassador
Professor Fiona Stanley AC
Professor Stanley, whose impact in the medical field has been felt not only in Australia, but around the world, is a pioneer who was recognised for her work in 2003 when she was awarded Australian of the Year. Now, alongside her work in epidemiological and public health research, she is a spokesperson on the health effects of climate change.