Tom Trauer Evaluation and Research Award
First launched in 2014, the Tom Trauer Evaluation and Research Award recognises an Australian or New Zealand person or research team for excellence in their work in either research or evaluation of mental health services and programs. This Award would suit a middle career candidate.
The Award celebrates Tom’s substantial and generous contributions to mental health services research over many years. The award was inaugurated by TheMHS in order to encourage and recognise excellence in research related to mental health services and programs.
Please see eligibility and entry criteria by clicking the headings below.
- Service/project entered in one category only.
- Different parts of a larger organisation may enter different categories.
- Previous winning entries can reapply after one year has elapsed (i.e. if awarded in 2018, cannot reapply until 2020) on the condition that there is documented evidence of significant development or change
This award would best suit a middle career candidate such as:
- Mid to senior level researchers or service providers
- Managers of an NGO
- Individuals or organisations undertaking evaluation
- Individual or lead researcher
- Short summary of Entry (150 words)
- Short summary of Organisation (150 words)
Should the Entry be successful in winning this award, the short summaries will be published in the annual Awards Booklet.
Part B (submitted as a single PDF file)
- Cover Page (click to download; 1 x A4 page)
- Address of following Criteria (max. 10 x A4 pages)
– Evidence of contribution to, or potential impact on, mental health service improvement
– Evidence of research excellence
– Evidence of participation of mental health consumers, in the planning, implementation and evaluation as relevant.
– Evidence of Partnerships and Linkages (collaboration for continuity between organisations).
– Verification and Evaluation of the research effectiveness in achieving the goals of the investigation(s).
- Additional Information (1 x A4 page)
This is intended to expand upon the summary from Part A.
- Conclusion (1/2 x A4 page)
- Referees (1/2 x A4 page)
Nominate two referees.
- Appendix of Support Material (max. 8 x A4 pages)
- Judges reserve the right to refuse an entry if they feel that it does not meet the selection criteria as listed under “Entry Guidelines” > “Part B”.
- Judges reserve the right to withdraw a TheMHS Award at any time, including after the Award is granted, if they find that the entrant does not comply with the entry conditions.
For any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
Wednesday 5th August, 2020
Please note that this deadline has been amended to reflect the postponement of TheMHS Conference 2020 due to COVID-19.